Congratulations to Stephanie R, Curtin – ACT
Voting has closed.
Terms and Conditions
Vote for Your Canberra Club and have a chance to win a trip for 2 to Hamilton Island from Oatley Fine Wine Merchants.
How to enter: There are 2 options to enter the competition (In Club and Online).
1. In Club: To enter, participants will be required to fill out a form with the name of your favourite club followed by your full name, club membership number, phone number and email address.
2. Online: To enter, participants will be required to choose the name of your favourite club followed by your full name and contact details.
- The competition starts 23 April 2018 at 12:00 midnight and ends 14 June 2018 at 12:00 midnight (AEST).
- The winner will be drawn at 8.00 am on 18 June 2018 at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600.
- The winner will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and will be notified of their prize by phone and/or email.
- The winner will be published on the next working day and no later than 22 June 2018 on clubsact.com.au
- The prize is a trip for two to Hamilton Island valued at a total maximum RRP value of AUD $4400.00 and is inclusive of airfares.
Frequently asked questions
Q: I’ve seen more than one ad for the competition. Is there more than one prize?
A: There will only be one prize.
Q: Can I vote for a club more than once?
A: Yes. But you are only able to do this via the different options
In Club, Online and by a “LIKE” of an individual clubs profile picture image on their Facebook page. However the Facebook “LIKE” option does not enter a person in the competition.
Competition terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory. ClubsACT, the individual clubs, their directors and their employees are ineligible to enter or win.
- The competition will be advertised in club, online, via social media and in local media press from 23 April 2018.
- Entry is only available to people 18 years and over.
- How to enter: There are 2 options to enter the competition (In Club and Online).
1. In Club, To enter, participants will be required to fill out a form with the name of your favourite club followed by your full name, club membership number, phone number and email address. Each in club entry form filled out by an individual may be used to enter the competition via this method once only.
2. To enter, participants will be required to choose the name of your favourite club followed by your full name and contact details. Each online entry filled out by an individual may be used to enter the competition via this method once only.
• Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. ClubsACT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for manipulating the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
- • Competition commences at 12:00 midnight on 23/4/18. Entry closes at 12:00 midnight on 14/6/18. Draw will take place at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600 at 8.00am on 18/6/18. The winner will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and will be notified of their prize via phone and/or email.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant ACT legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600 on 15/9/18 at
12.00 noon (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and
will be notified of their prize by phone and/or email.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify ClubsACT.
- There will be one prize winner. The first valid entry to be drawn will win a trip for two to Hamilton Island.
- Not transferable for cash.
- ClubsACT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of ClubsACT, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who manipulates the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of ClubsACT, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or ClubsACT. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. ClubsACT reserves the right to disqualify a winner if ClubsACT becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 12:00 midnight on 14/6/18. ClubsACT accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by ClubsACT or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- Once prizes have been awarded, ClubsACT takes no responsibility for any issues arising from the redemption of the prize. The prize will be made valid by Oatley Fine Wine Merchants and the prize consists of a trip for two (2) adults to Hamilton Island, Queensland, including five (5) nights’ accommodation at the four and a half star rated Coral Seaview Room at the Reef View Hotel, return economy airfares from Canberra, breakfast daily, Airport to Reef Hotel transfers and unlimited access to the island shuttle service. Total maximum RRP value of this prize = AUD $4400.00. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. This prize is only valid to be taken within these specified dates 01/11/2018 –31/10/2019.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for ClubsACT awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to ClubsACT all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to
- the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that ClubsACT is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by ClubsACT then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). ClubsACT accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders ClubsACT’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, ClubsACT may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- ClubsACT shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. ClubsACT is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- ClubsACT reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who ClubsACT has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct that could jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. ClubsACT’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of ClubsACT. ClubsACT collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion and to contact you about both the progression and completion of this promotion. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- ClubsACT is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to the ACT lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements ClubsACT will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to ClubsACT.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- ClubsACT is the trading name of the Licensed Clubs Association of the ACT, (ABN: 89 136 205 639) of Unit 4d, 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600.
- Authorised under ACT permit no: 18/00700